Date Completed: 2007
Aftermarket Used: Eduard 1/32 US Seatbelts
I was quite fond of this build at the time, and still am in a way, as I love the scheme
I completed this shortly after doing Tamiya's 48 scale Razorback, also in a SEAC scheme. This NMF scheme was featured on the same aeromaster decal sheet and I thought it would be easy enough to do in 32 scale using various decal sheets. The model went together OK apart from the cowling, which joins to the fuselage with a step. I cannot remember what I used to finish it with, perhaps Floquil Platinum Mist. It was weathered by airbrushed highly thinned Tamiya black in vertical streaks along the fuselage to simulate rain streaking. Pastels were used on the wing roots and behind the wheelwells to simulate mud stains. The national insignia came from a Japanese afetmarket sheet, the brand of which I forget that contained various RAF roundels of different styles and sizes, serial numbers were from a ventura sheet. Code letters were from a Wedgetail RAF code letters sheet applied to a painted background.
Its getting rather battered now after a few moves, but I still have it displayed in the cabinet. It came away with a 2nd place in Eagles day, a now defunct model aircraft competition held in Melbourne Australia.